Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Have you ever been THIS unhappy with yourself?

Let's see, where to begin? I am 5';2' 125 lbs (on a good day). I have medium legnth hair thinned out with layers, bangs are at a good length. My eyes are brown, skin pale, straight teeth. I love long walks on the beach and dinner by candle light... opps wrong website.... j/k lol. All this sounds fairly nice and average right? Well, when I see myself in the mirror I see something totally different. I see a short person with chubby legs, big thighs, a huge bubble butt, hips that could knock you down if we did the twist, flabby arms, small breast, long horse face, big nose, my broke out face, oh yeah and large forehead. These are all things I can not change instantly such as my hair or makeup etc...

My question is, does anyone else feel like this when they see their self in the mirror? Does seeing someone that is probably equally as pretty but in their own unique way make you feel so ugly and fat that you can't stand it. That you question everything about yourself and how you dress to how you look.

The depressing part is there is nothing you can do to instantly change yourself and deep in the back of your mind I have me telling myself that you don't want to change... you used to like yourself... you used to be pretty... when you were 105 lbs... Yes I can change my clothes and makeup, but what good does changing your clothes if they make you look fat because you are trying to squeeze into a size small when you should be in a medium and not in the juniors dept anymore. I am not ready to leave that dept., they have cooler clothes damnit! I could starve myself and only eat 1000 calories a day but I love food, I love sweet tea, and I can't motivate myself to work out and keep doing it.

I am always trying to cut my hair because I am not happy with how I look, like cutting an inch off is shedding a pound... my bangs are finally long again because I stopped cutting them every day ';trying to make them straight'; when I was just messing them up and had to wait 5 months for bangs I like (but still want them longer of course). I feel like I am just bouncing off the walls of myself and I dont want to. I want to wakeup and just like me, not only the outer shell but the inside too.

I guess what I'm really saying is I need help and I am open to anything... any suggestions as to how I should stick to exercising (because this does make me feel good because I accomplished something), have more confidence.... Anything that can help me, I will listen.Have you ever been THIS unhappy with yourself?
First of all..try having 2 kids and then tell me how your body looks...lol ! To me it sounds like you have no real problem at all (as far as weight goes)...sounds like your unhappy on the inside more, or maybe you feel like your not standing up to some expectation or how you should look in comparison to others. I feel the same way, i just had my 2nd son in August and i am at my highest weight in my life...i am 5'11 but i am waaaayyyy over your 125...i feel so depressed sometimes looking in the mirror..why cant i go back to the way i was?? And dont get me wrong...i have never been a thin girl... Its hard and i cannot motivate myself to excersize either. Plus having 2 kids one 4 and one 3 months makes it hard to have any alone time to do that...by the time my husband gets home from work its to late (and im too tired) to go work out...But....if you feel this bad, then you will just make up in your mind to do it...eating healthy...going for a walk or a run...you just have to do it to change it. There is nothing wrong with shopping for bigger clothes, i was in denial for a while after i had the baby...blaming it on the ';new low waist style'; as to why i can pull up my old pre-pregnancy jeans...I broke down and bought a bigger size but kept all my other clothes...i told myself i will wear these until i can lose the weight i gained. But please dont get caught up in this..i have to be stick thin to be beautiful society. Im sure your georgeous and if you cant shop in the juniors section anymore so what...those sizes are unbelievable anyways....my 4 year old son fits into some of those sizes it seems. Im not sure how old you are or what but...let me tell you...buy a bigger size!! there is nothing flattering than squezzing yourself into clothes that are too small for you, it will just make you look bigger and feel worse. Get some bigger clothes but make the decision to try and lose the weight in the mean time. It wont happen overnight %26amp; you dont have to starve yourself. There is no pill that will just make it go away. Being heavey doesn't automatically mean your not beautiful. You need to learn that first before you decide your unhappy. I suppose thats my downfall also...i work in a plus size clothing store that sells awesome trendy plus size clothes...i am big but i am beautiful, and i know it. Plus i am surrounded by girls i work with who are confadent in the way they look. So its a positive enviorment to be in, people will always judge you if you are bigger, but its how you feel inside thats important. Nobody should be made to feel bad because they are heavey.Have you ever been THIS unhappy with yourself?
Yes I have been,after several strokes and my face started drooping.Boy,did I feel sorry for MYself.I would'nt even LOOK in the mirror.Someone asked me one day if I would like them less if they were disfigured.I said,of course not,it's what is inside a person that counts.That woke me right up.I had some choices to make.Sorryville or Do something about it.I made a list.Good qualities------Bad qualities.Then I made another list-Things I am willing to change-----Things I'm too lazy to change.Then I drew a simple picture of ';my opinion of myself';Like,what is my worth,who am I?,What is in my heart and soul?.It includes little pictures of me acting out who I am.Example-being stubborn,feeding homeless,painting,talking too much,feeling sorry for myself.etc...If your faucet in your bath broke,would you fix it or just complain about it and go without water for the rest of your life?You would fix it.Right now,your self-esteem is broke.Are you going to fix it or just complain for the rest of your life?For you to gain self-esteem you HAVE to fix your way of thinking.I am sure it is overwhelming.Mine was.So,I made ANOTHER list.How to restore my self-esteem and only care about what I think about myself. Example-focus on my abilities,not my disabilites. Eat healthy,Iknow how to do that and I choose to be proud of my body. don't compare myself to others.We are all special and unique. Get off my sorry butt and exercise,no-one wants to hear me whining,especially me. Take responsibility for my own life.Be proud of knowing what my work is and gettting it in on time. I am a shoe-freak,paint little shoes all over my cane to make it look stylish. I treat OTHERS good,I should treat myself even better. noone cares what I look like,I go out and people smile at me.I think they can see in my eye's that I like myself and have confidence. Make myself into someone I would look at and admire,Take the challenges head on,If I don't,then that's where I become a loser. And I am a WINNER.
Yeah, I feel like that a lot. What helps me is to realize that I'm not always the best judge of myself.



how to stick to exercising--every time you think that you should (exercise) but don't want to, remember all the times that you did and how good it made you feel. I remember that feeling the most, as well as remembering how lousy I feel when I don't exercise, to get myself motivated. Sometimes it doesn't always work. Sometimes, especially lately, I'm not only exhausted physically, but emotionally as well, and I just plain don't want to. So I'll compromise, I'll do something less strenuous but fun, and is still an exercise, like riding my bike outside with my kids, or taking the dog for a walk. Taking the dog for a walk is a huge motivator. She loves going for walks, to the point that she'll sulk if I haven't taken her in a couple days, so it's easy to guilt myself into that one. lol



Good luck to you. and remember... you're beautiful just the way you are. Look in the mirror every morning and tell yourself that. I dont believe it yet, but I do. It feels good to say.
boy your really self centered why dont you try reading the paper instead of looking in the mirrior
Well, yes, you do have self-esteem problems. I used to feel the same way. Im 5'3 and I weigh 127=) I used to be 160! But I motivated myself to just eat right...no junk food. Then I started taking in all the compliments people would give me, and TRUST ME taking in compliments HELPS you alot, this is what builts your confidence back. Then you start realising that you are pretty and that you are a cool person, because people are TELLING you.



You seem like a funny girl, it shouldn't be tto hard to get back on track.



Just learn how to take compliments and don't ever contradict them! Just take them in=)



Good Luck and I trust you will feel very good about yourself in no time=)
everyone goes through that.

it's just a self esteem thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment