Tuesday, May 31, 2011

What would you most like to change about yourself? How would you go about making that change?

I assume this question has something to do with how someone might apply psychological theory to themselves to help them change. So here's a good example: many people (including myself) would really like to lose a little weight. Probably one of the best ways to help yourself do this is to use a little goal setting and reinforcement. That is, I would try to come up with what I felt was a realistic goal for weight loss (something like 2 pounds a week is realistic) and then, when I hit my goal, I'd give myself a reward.



This is an application of ideas from the psychological school of behaviorism.



Hope this helps,



Michael

Host of The Psych Files podcast

http://www.thepsychfiles.comWhat would you most like to change about yourself? How would you go about making that change?
i think too much about evrything which in turns just makes me more disturbed , tensed and argumentative .. so i would like to change this trait og mine ..

i would be much more relax n carefree ( bt not careless) .. give a break to my thoughts .. i guess meditation wud really help ..

No comments:

Post a Comment