Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Is being yourself over-rated?

If a guy is being himself and it's not working out (in terms of getting a girlfriend) why would he want to continue being himself?



Obviously being himself isn't working. Especially if he's just been doing the whole being himself thing for years.



So why wouldn't he try to copy someone who is successful? Makes sense doesn't it.



People say that they can spot a fake but that's what practice is for, isn't it? In time you can change yourself and become a whole new person. Of course you can! You hear about how people transform themselves and their lives all the time!



And why do people always look down on other people when they try to copy successful people. Shouldn't we all try to better ourselves and use other people as role models? I'm talking about everything looks, attitude, dress sense, EVERYTHING!



Women say they just want men to be themselves, I say they want a boyfriend who is a clone created from a magazine.



So I put it to you...



Is being yourself over-rated?Is being yourself over-rated?
Being yourself and then being YOURSELF are two different things entirely. You're completely right man. Some people don't really know who they are until they experience the success they've always wanted.



Sometimes success comes natural, and sometimes a little change is required. There is no need to be ashamed of improving your life. No need at all.



I've noticed a lot of answers to this question claim that it is being fake to try being something different. What they don't realize is that everyone tries something different until they find something that works for them. So, essentially, they contradict themselves because they too were fake at one point.



If someone is unhappy with themselves, the only intelligent choice of action is to try something different. Copying someone who is successful is not a bad idea at all. It's ignorant to look down on someone for trying to improve themselves.



So to answer your question, yes, it is over-rated. I pity anyone who does not have the capacity to try new things instead of simply clinging to their limited beliefs.Is being yourself over-rated?
Pride.
Never! Think of the comfort factor...how good are you going to feel (even if you are successful) playing a role...and for how long? Eventually the ';real you'; is going to show up. No one ';transforms'; their inner spirit...it's impossible. They're playing a game that becomes habit. Sounds like a miserable existance to me.
Well the way I figure it, if a guy doesn't like me for me then he doesn't deserve me. I'm not going to change myself for anyone else. However, it seems to work for me. Of course, I think guys are easier to deal with. I mean I can tell them exactly what I think, which isn't always nice, and they still claim that I'm nice. Crazy people. Anyhow, if you want to be someone else I guess you can try that, but you aren't being fair to yourself. I don't know how long you would be happy living a lie, but if you are content to live a lie, then go for it.
faking only gets you so far. if you get into a relationship by faking it you are just going to get hurt in the end. eventually your real self will come out and it will end the relationship
No it isn't Over-rated. If your not being yourself with a girl how will you know if the two of you are compatible. Change is good too, but to change your beliefs and morals is a no-no. Be true to yourself and your heart. Remember you make your own happiness and if your happy being you, be Yourself.
I respect anyone who is forward-honest-and to the point even if it hurts my feelings because maybe i needed that. rather then keep it inside i love open-ness and i respect it alot.especially if my zipper is open or if i have some food on my face. i am straight and cut and dry myself. i think those women who want you change think they can be selfish and have there cake and eat it too. i treat people the way i wanted to be treated. but in every realtionship you have a little of some change so you can communicate and relate to one-another so if its something new to you . you will find you have to act new so you can attract that person. if it is small changes for the better. why not take the risks and go for it full guns loaded.as long as it betters yourself as a person inside and out.Stay unique though thats what gives every single one of us our character and who we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment