Tuesday, May 31, 2011

HELP! How do I begin to change everything about myself.?

I'm 24 and have been in a relationship for almost 4 years. We also have a 2 year old together. I know I wasn't ready for a family but it happened. I'm so lost because I have just realized in the last few months that #1 I know nothing about myself. I don't have anything I'm passionate about, I don't know my true likes and dislikes. Am I a people person or not? I can't answer that. #2 what I do know about my self is all negative. I'm selfish, greedy, extrememly impatient, rude sometimes. I can also be a total ***** sometimes without realizing it. I'm a little on the lazy side lately, I'm not punctual and I have withdrawn from my friends. I'm a lot like my dad, controlling, and dominant. There are some things about my boyfriend that I would like to change but I'm trying to practice the idea that you can't change anyone you can only change yourself. I believe most of the way I am is because I was raised by my dad and partly because of the resentment I have for my boyfriend from somethings we went through with our son. I want to male this work because I do love him but mostly I know I need to change who I am . How does someone even begin to change who they are? Is it even possible? And am I crazy for not knowing anything about myself?HELP! How do I begin to change everything about myself.?
I have been through something similar to this. I started just taking time for myself and focusing on me. Even if that meant just taking drives by myself and listening to the music I liked or taking a bath and locking the doors. Try to be as positive as you can. Have you tried writing your feelings down everyday in a journal? That seemed to help me a little. Call up you friends and go eat dinner somewhere. Try to let go of the past and focus on the future. You can't change anything that has happened. Just stay positive! Once you can stop dwelling on negative things then your perspective will change.HELP! How do I begin to change everything about myself.?
Tackle what you can tackle. I think you are lazy because you aren't passionate about anything. Find the passion and you tackle the laziness. Find out why you are angry, sad, and then you can fix those things. I get angry because I don't have a job I love. If I did, I would be a happier person. See what I'm saying? Work on one thing at a time and see where you end up? I gained 5 lbs, but I work out daily, so now I know that I haven't been honest with myself about what I'm eating, so I'm back to counting calories, and I worked out. This works for me, has working for me in the past, so I do it again. So, basically, problem solve. If you didn't finish school, do so. I finished school and took my 2 yr old with me. My university had a day care. Why not try this out, if it works for you? Find a focus, my dear. Good luck! And, you aren't your dad.
Whenever I try to analyze myself, I get confused. I just go with the flow and do what I want. Answers also come very easily when you have peace of mind. One way to attain peace of mind is to have someone to depend on, someone who understands everything say and feel. If you believe there is a God, then maybe its worth a shot to get to know him. I know I'm happy with what He's given me.
no you are not crazy. A lot of people don't know much about themselves. It's ok. First take a few deep breaths! Everyone has flaws. Don't go crazy trying to change yourself to make other people happy. You'll become extremely depressed with the new you, if you don't work things out clearly. Try out new things...you may be able to find out what you do and don't like to do. Finding yourself is difficult and will take a long time. Just make sure you have patience. And yes it's possible, but you can only change if you really want to:)

*$h3ll*
You sound exactly like me!! Email me sometime. zepfan1983@yahoo.com
Just the fact that at the age of 24 you already realize these flaws and even want to change them is a huge step. I am almost 37 and it took losing everything and becoming disabled for me to learn my lesson! Focus on the things that bother you the most about yourself. Greed can be just switched off, patience requires a lot of work, rudeness you just need to take some deep breaths and think before you speak to get started on curing that. Selfishness is very hard to change, but it's also very important to not be selfish. Doing things for others a lot will start to give you a good feeling, eventually that good feeling you get will make you not want to be so selfish. There are going to be times when all these things pop up anyway, just try not to beat yourself up too bad if it's an incident and not a ';behavior';. By that I mean if it's once in a while, hey you're only human. I wish you the best and I hope you have success. BTW, being a jerk isn't ';who you are'; it's how you act. I don't know what your beliefs are but God helps me a lot when I am trying to be a better person.

No comments:

Post a Comment