Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Ladies and Gentlemen, would you ever change for someone?

Would you ever try to change yourself for someone? Let me give you two scenarios and you give your comment on both





Scene 1: Let's say you met a girl/guy who you find very interesting but they're not interested in you. Would you change how you look/act just to catch their eyes? Let's say by changing your ways to fit this persons taste, there will be more of a chance of this person asking you out. Would you change who you are for this person?





Scene 2: You've been with your significant other for X amount of months/years and you notice that they're starting to lose interest in you(either physically or emotionally). Would you change yourself to make them happy? To be more attractive to them? To make your relationship last longer?Ladies and Gentlemen, would you ever change for someone?
in your scene 1 : no I would not change if they don't like me the way I am too bad.





in scene 2: I am kind of going through something in this situation now, my boyfriend of 9 years loves me and cares for me and we are getting married.. I have gained quite a bit of weight since we met and I am not the same skinny sexy girl he met all those years ago, right now I am loosing weight to be more attractive to him because the person I am now is not the person he met I am not doing it to make our relationship last longer because I know that no matter what he will be with me but I want him to have the sexy girl he met and that will make me feel better even though he said he loves me no matter what.Ladies and Gentlemen, would you ever change for someone?
nope
You need to be yourself at all times, trying to please other is not going to make you happy!
no because you would eventually rensent the person you had to make a change for . you ahve to change because you want to change not because someone want you to change for them
i tried scene 2 big mistake it did not work and i doubt that it ever does.
its not worth being in a relationship if you have to change who are in either scenario.


BE YOURSELF ALWAYS!
nope too many others out there!
i wouldnt change my entire style or anything, but i may wear a band shirt that i know they like or something like that. but you shouldnt really ever change to get someone to like you. because the person you love will love you for you and you only. even with all your imperfections
I agree with your answers. But if that change is good and I enjoy it then yes I would
As far as scene one goes, if I'm doing all the pursuing, I'm definately wasting my time and I'd move on. It's dumb to change your appearance for someone else. The only time you should change yourself is when it's for your own sake. Scene two is about the same thing. Communication should be the key in a relationship; connecting emotionally and spiritually should come first, not the physical aspect. Once again, if I'm going to change, it's going to be for me, not someone else.
knowing me i probably would and then in the end find out it wasnt worth it... i think i have done that before.. scene 1 that is.. and found out the guy was sooo not worth it.. scene 2 did not work out for me at all... people who say they havent are lying.. it all depends on how much u want the other person really... some people are just crazy lovers and others are not... when it comes down to it though, if you have to try to ';prove'; yourself ';worthy'; just so they would glance at you or stay with you... that right there just shows that there not worth it in the beggining... a lesson i have yet to realise LOL!
hell no. i did it a couple times but it seems like girls end up taking advantage of you for it. you also end up resenting them after awhile.





be yourself. you'll be happier.
Hell no, they would have to take me as I am or have nothing at all...I change for no one and for the people that do change to keep/get a man or a woman they are fake....
I did scene 1 i did not try to change but i tried ot be attactive to that person





Big mistake so no now I KNOW IM NOT CHANGING FOR ANYONE
Scene 1: I'm a level headed guy from the south. BUT i'm Black/White and i like Rap and Rock. The girl i kinda like named Emily comes accross as a southern bell who likes country ALOT. I know that if i'm ever going to be with her then i'd have to change almost everything about me. So i won't... I will never loose myself to TRY to fit somebody elses image.





Scene 2: Theres a good chance that the reason why your bf/gf is loosing interest in you is because you CHANGED. You probably made minor adjustments along the way and i bet if you look back on yourself before the relationship and look at yourself now... you'll see yourself not acting as fun, not being exciting and being just BLAH all the time trying to keep him/her secure with you. So i would change BACK to the way i was... you follow?
people can change their appearance and thier attitude for a certain amount of time but after a while your true colors show through, and thats just how people are, they dont change, they can mold themselves into a certain person but it wears off and if your partner didnt like you before, in the end, hes not going to like you then. you should find a guy/girl that fits you! you dont need to change you just need to look elsewhere! plus, opposites attrack!
No, because if I have to change myself to be with someone, why would I want to be with them in the first place?


It doesnt make since, it obviously wont work out.
There's nothing wrong with 'stepping your game up', but I gotta tell ya... You cannot change whats not yours!


Scene 1... Would I change? No.


Scene 2... Would I change to make them happy? Umm, I would 'modify' my behaviour to a point. Thats all.


Did you notice that in both scenes there is a reference to taste or appearance? Not to say that those don't create attraction, but realtionships based on those are shallow and not destined for any length of time. The reality of life is you can't depend upon people to make you happy, or put yourself in a servant role, to ensure the happiness of others. You would think that people would look to each others needs and find a common happy place.
number one idk maybe a little but maybe no, and number two......god thats hard but idk id just, wow no comment.
RE Scene 1:


Here's the beauty of this--you don't HAVE to change at all (although if you dye your hair purple you might want to re-think that--1st impressions stick).





The beauty is that the BEST communicators are ones who do NOT talk about themselves but instead focus the conversation on the other person by asking him open-ended questions about himself (not 'yes' or 'no' answer questions, but questions like, ';What did you like best about that movie?'; or How do you feel about _______(whatever--but an issue you're likely to agree on. Where I live, it's the Dunkin Donuts that might go up on Main St. to everyone's horror).





So the best chance you have at getting his interest is to be well-groomed, make the most of your appearance (that's not ';changing'; yourself, that's just 'putting your best foot forward, 'and show genuine interest in him by asking him questions that get him talking about himself.


Two great books: 'How to Marry the Man of your Choice,' and 'Irresistable Attraction.'

No comments:

Post a Comment