Monday, June 6, 2011

Am I FAKE? I wanna change myself, but...?

I like the way I look, but I feel like my personality doesn't match my looks. I hate how inelegant and unclassy I am/act. Also, I often make dumb comments, and act too immature for my liking. (I'm 20)



Now I know a girl who is very classy, def not perfect, but I look up to her just cause of the way she acts.



Well, lately I've been trying to be more like her. In situations when I almost wanna say/do something ';dumb';, I remind myself of how that other girl would never say/do that, and act like she would have.



Is that the way to go? I know there is nothing wrong with wanting to change yourself, but I just wanna know is this the right way to do it?



Any advice for me?Am I FAKE? I wanna change myself, but...?
The best advice to give to ANYONE is to BE YOURSELF!

People spend too much time worrying about what other people think about themselves. No matter what you do in life, you are the one who has to live with yourself. Trust me I am sure you are not the only 20 year old making dumb comments or doing things you feel are immature. Look at celebrities a lot of them aren't exactly the brightest bulbs on the planet. So the way to go is to be you and not try to be anyone else, but you. Incase nobody eve told you, it's okay to make mistakes it's all apart of learning and growing. You will grow up when you are good and ready, in the meantime enjoy yourself.Am I FAKE? I wanna change myself, but...?
it's good that you're finally (at 20) realizing that you're immature...
i think that if you do wanna change yourself, and by looking up to her is helping, it's totally ok. i'm all for changing self-image and personality. i think you should just keep thinking that, it's not fake, because if you wanna be like her, it's what YOU want, not what you think OTHERS want. :))
It's always good to look up to someone. Maybe one day you will turn out to be her!



Kaitlyn M%26lt;3
That completely fine, its not changing yourself, because your true self is someone who wants to change.

I dont know why people say you cant change who you are, of course you can!

I think if you continue in what your doing it will turn out fine, just think a bit more before acting. :)

Good luck!
I used to be so immature, too.



I still am but just not as much. I am about 50% what I was 2 years ago.



I invested time in researching and found DVD's that helped me become a man, and it has worked wonders. Now when I want to say something stupid, I remember the guy's name in my head saying, ';No, don't say that. Just be quiet.'; It has worked a bit.





It's good to learn. If you think about it, we learn a lot from other people. In this care, you're learning how to be more mature by watching someone else. I say if it helps, then do it, just don't stop being yourself sometimes.
haha you're kinda like me except i'm 15.

the best thing to do is look before you leap.
Well just be yourself, dont do what she would, you are your own person!

=]
I think you should be who you are. I tried to be who everyone else thought I should be for years. Now, I resent everyone for trying make me change. You are your own person. I am 27, I am silly, funny, and pretty goofy most of the time. But I am a grown women, mom, wife, and I am responsible at the same time. There is nothing wrong with being a kid a heart. If you truley think you should change than fine, but if you are happy and confortable with yourself then stay just the way you are.
Because of how you described this other person, I don't see anything wrong with what you are doing. I see it more as you are using it as an opportunity to improve more so than being fake. We can all benefit by doing that. If this friend of yours bites the head off chickens or something, I would discourage it but by what you describe she is a positive role model. Sometimes when we don't feel as if we have great biological role models, we will find them elsewhere. I think it's great to recognize the need for improvement in ourselves. Not everyone realizes their are always improvements to be made.
No - it's not being fake to understanding you need to mature.

Don't model yourself after anyone, but do examine what you respect about them. Then when you're in a situation that gives you a choice of doing something silly or classy - make an informed choice. Sometimes the classy thing isn't who you are. Sometimes the moment calls for a little more fun than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment