Monday, June 6, 2011

How should a person behave in the other country, if he/she now live there?

For example, you've changed the place of living and your new home is absolutely different, different people, mentality, culture, religion and traditions. And you know that you will live in the other country for several years or maybe even whole your life.



How would you behave yourself in the other country? Would you change yourself or would you keep being yourself? How do you think, all those factors (like religion, culture, different mentality, people) would be able to affect you in a way or no?



Just interesting to know your point of view.

Thank You!How should a person behave in the other country, if he/she now live there?
I would say you would have to adjust to the culture and lifestyle or whatever country you move to in order to feel comfortable. You shouldn't lose your culture, religion, language etc though. You should still have them but add on to it.



Personally I moved from Malaysia to the US. When 1st got here everything was so different. Almost the opposite. There were many things that shocked me as far as lifestyle and beliefs went. I couldn't communicate that well. But after a year or two my english got a lot better, my accent faded. I still hold on to my culture and believes but I did let go of some believes from my culture as I saw how ridiculous and irrational they were.



Yes somedays it sucks coz now I am half american and half malaysian but I think its better than being 100% of something. I know more, learnt more, grew faster, more mature and stronger in a very short period of time.



Do what you think is right for you and will make you happy and your living comfortable and pleasurable in any country. Gotta do what you gotta do is what I say.How should a person behave in the other country, if he/she now live there?
When you're in Rome, you do as the Romans do.
It's best to obey the law of that particuliar land.

It's good to be yourself, but this can get you killed in some places.



EDIT:

Going to a place that forbids your religion..etc...is'nt good.
There are some things that are necessary to change such as language, customs, and some culture. Other things you should be true to your own upbringing such as religion and morals.
i think if you are going to live in a country thats not your own you need to at least adapt to that culture instead of thinking people need to adapt to you,you can keep your traditions and religion,but if you speak a different language you need to learn the language where you are relocating to
When in Rome...
you would have to assimilate

No comments:

Post a Comment