Monday, June 6, 2011

Can You Change with the Old Concept of Yourself...?

';Jesus warned about the folly of putting a patch of new material upon an old garment, or of putting new wine into old bottles. ';Positive thinking'; cannot be used effectively as a patch or a crutch to the same self image';



Psycho-Cybernectics...Maxwell Maltz, MD



In changing your life, do you find yourself changing how you viewed yourself as a person...altogether?

Did you find that you had ';better'; consistant results after doing so?



Thanks for your thoughts and Peace!Can You Change with the Old Concept of Yourself...?
Does not change mean to become different? As with most things, there are two main schools of thought on this. They can be reduced to negative and positive feedback. The 12 step programs, where you ';avoid doing things else you become this'; is a form of the negative side, and this is a very good way for many! Some however have the good fortune to have someone just tell them, ';It is a matter of looking for the good things you will receive for doing this good that will change your life!'; By looking for the positive side of everything, you reprogram yourself from ';using your power of miracles backwards to promote tragic events in your life'; to a ';I am rich beyond measure because I am the source of change!';



People are trained from a very early age to fear death, and yet it is the death of the old that must be embraced to do a change into a positive thinking person. To become someone who plants seeds and pours love into them to help them grow. Someone who can find the joy in life, not the sorrow of not doing things. This is the very reason for the mid-life change everyone goes through over and over... they fail to realize that you cannot live in the past, and that only through proper forgiveness can the old self be laid to rest, that the new self can flurish! I look forward to the time you can laugh at this death, for on that day you have gone through your rebirth... this is not something that can be eaisly explained, nor is it something that is hard to do, but it is something most refuse to do, for the pain of the old ways has become as a well worn garmet that they refuse to discard.



I could quote scriptures, I could provide scientific data, I can even offer my own life experiences, but till you experience it for yourself, it is not real! Untill you give yourself permission to enjoy life and decide to be happy, you will know only breif moments of the joy that life has to offer... I know people who can become nearly flooded with orgasmic bliss just doing the dishes, because they are doing it as an act of LOVE... and they choose to reward themselves with these feelings as they do these things... unlike the old self that saw doing the dishes as a punishment to be avoided at all costs.



ME!





PS, congrats on the orange box...

.Can You Change with the Old Concept of Yourself...?
';I'; have never been able to change anything in my life. It is Jesus Who does that.....and thank God for HIM.
yes, very much so. i have grown a lot more mature, aware, conscious, empathetic. when i look at my life, i can see 3 stages.

1) at first my main focus in life was to achieve high, to try to make others like me, to try to fit in. I never suceeded (apart from achieving high) and felt insecure, unworthy, very confused... However, I had a good sense of who I was (what my interests were. Primarily nature %26amp; art)

2) Then I totally rejected/abandoned myself--i tried to be like everyone else. It was an absolutely horrible choice. However, at least now I have that to look back on, and have an innate understanding of the importance of accepting yourself.

3) I decided to embrace who I was, and to try to return to my 'true self' (what i understood it to be at that time). It's been a long process, but more and more i am moving into who I really am, and my life is becoming less painful. Also, I have gained spiritual awareness, cultural awareness, love %26amp; respect for humanity (and all of life). My experiences have shapped me-for the better. Without them to look back and reflect on, I wouldn't be sure %26amp; steady today in my efforts to define who i am.
yes, it is possible to TRANSFORM oneSelf,

and with AWARENESS too....... and REMAIN consistant at that.



However, the world around u - may not be able to FLOW along with the NEW you, and as such, u may have to CREATE, RECONsTRUCT AND REBUILD a new world for your Self.



it was JESUS who also uttered '; BE STILL and KNOW that I AM GOD.';



When the mental activities are STILLED, the SILENCE from WITHIN, leaves one in a world of UNCONDITIONAL peace and Love.
You can't, it happens with the grace of Lord.
Change your thoughts.
yup always think positive and peace up yo
I am 28. When I think of myself from 16-25..I can't stand myself. I am embarrassed about who I was all those years. I don't know that I am a different person now, I actually think I just really found out who I really am, and that person that I can't stand was me...but me trying to be something I wasn't.
kj
YES I TOTALLY AGREE WITH U MAYBE I DONT AGREE ON RELIGIOUS GROUNDS NOT THAT I DONT RESPECT THEM BUT WE AS HUMANS CAN CHANGE FOR THE BETTER N WE DO SEE OURSELVES IN A DIFFERENT LIGHT LATER ON INTROSPECTION-which is very imp.

No comments:

Post a Comment