Tuesday, September 13, 2011

What is owning a dog REALLY like?

On TV you always hear how dogs are mans best friend and how some people are best friends with their dogs. On Dog Whisperer, Cesar always says that dogs can help you change yourself and how beneficial they are to you.



To all dog owners... is that true? How do you feel about that?What is owning a dog REALLY like?
Well, schedule wise:

6 am - Ugh, take him out

After school - Walk.

Evening - Work on training him (:D)

10 pm - Ugh, take him out



I really loathe taking him out in the morning and at night, but walks are okay. Besides taking him out though, he's a joy to have around and part of the family for sure. He'll shove his nose into my hands when I'm saying my night prayers, brought along whenever we get in the car (grocery store, nail salon, eye exam, dental appointments, etc), greets me whenever I get home, sleeps under my blanket while I fall asleep holding him, is super cute and is just a great addition to any (loving, knowing how to properly train/care for a dog and provided they get the right dog for them) house. I'm only 13, but, I can't honestly even comprehend why people would get rid of their dogs (besides maybe moving but then still bring them with), especially because of training issues. Any moron can train a dog, seriously.

But yeah, I think he's just made me a lot happier and I'm a lot more calm of a person, and also a lot more loyal of a friend because a dog can set a great example of them.



P.S: He's a little black Pom. :P

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-

http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs134.snc3

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-



He's currently sleeping with his head on my stomach under my blankie and I have to go really bad but I don't want to make him move.



Edit: Well actually, not any moron can train a dog but any moron who's done their homework can.

Before I got my dog, I spent 6 months of countless online research, then read at LEAST a dozen or two books on dog training. So you really know what to do, what you're talking about, why to do something, why not to do something, why it works, why something doesn't work, different sides on dog training (there are many - which I did not find out until I started reading a variety of actual *books* on dog training.), etc.

Then I spent months finding the perfect shelter dog, and here he is.

I think doing all that, for 6 months, really showed me how much I actually wanted a dog. And also I think it helped me lead to the idea that dogs...really aren't that hard, besides financially, because all the training quirks were quickly overcome because of how the training was natural to me after doing all of that.What is owning a dog REALLY like?
Its like owning a cat but it is a dog.
I think that dogs are probably one of the most wonderful things in life and I could never see myself without having one. They mean to much to the owners, however, it rips your heart out when they pass. They can really be such a positive energy to people
i have 3 dogs, and i feel like, they are fun, they are loud

they are cute

everyone loves a good dog,

but...be ready for the surprises,

and defiently get them trained

and dog make them fat..

theyre fun, and i suggest you get one
its a pain when they are puppys but when they are trained they are soo much fun. we got ours when it was a tiny puppy and it was alot of work. we took him to training classes at petsmart and eevrything. now he is 4 and i love him like he is my brother! haha but yeah it takes effort but u need to love it and care for it. its kind of like a baby except puppys eat their poop sometimes lol mine did so get puppy pads
it is not like owning a cat at all. with cats you just have to put out food and water every so often and change its litter box sometimes. a dog is much more work. they are great friends don't get me wrong, but training them sucks. they pee everywhere ad theydon't listen but once you get past the year mark it gets easier. i would suggest adopting a dog that is already trained or just over a year for your first dog and then for the next you can get a puppy.
they can really help you change!

owning one is so fun!

i have a poodle named Chloe and she is the sweetest%26lt;3
Well owning a dog is a ton of hard work. You need to really research having a dog, how to train it and be able to commit the finances it takes to raise a dog properly and train it properly. As long as you are really committed they are one of the best things that will ever happen to you. I currently have two dogs. I have a pit bull mix that was thrown out of a car at a 4 way stop by my house. My husband saw it happen and picked up the puppy. He has been with us ever since. He has truly changed me in a positive way. I used to fear pit bulls until I got him. Then after my husband was gone, the dog really saved me from depression. He quietly stayed by my side as I cried and just comforted me with his warm presence. Then one day he started to nudge me to take him outside longer, giving me a tug and encouraging me to go out longer. Just getting out helped me work through my feelings.



Just recently we got a tiny 5lb mutt puppy from the pound. We volunteer there and we just fell in love with him. He is so full of energy and always brings a smile to your face without even trying. I can't ever imagine life without dogs. They are great.
Dogs, like any other pet, can be your best friend. They're very affectionate and often want nothing more than to be around you.



Unfortunately many people don't look beyond ';man's best friend'; when deciding to adopt a puppy. They are a LOT of work. They need to be properly trained, and they need to learn that you are their owner, not the other way around. Dogs are pack animals, and they need a leader. If the owner doesn't step up the dog will try to become the alpha. Being in charge does not make for a happy puppy; it can be very stressful for them!



So yes, a properly trained and cared for dog could easily become their owner's best friend. However, a person with little time or patience will likely find themselves with an unhappy and poorly behaved dog.
Before I got my dog, I thought it was true. That's the reason I got a dog, I wanted a best friend.

And let me tell you, it is all of that and more.

He makes me so happy. If I'm stressed, he knows and he'll come up and rest his head on my shoulder. If I'm angry, he runs up and gives me kisses. If I'm crying, he curls up next to me and licks the tears away.

No, he's not human, and nothing can compare to a human to human relationship, but I can be myself around him. He doesn't care that I'm fat, ugly, if I say stupid things or dress badly. He's just there for me always. It's called unconditional love :D



It is CRAZY how much you can love a silly little animal.



I don't know what I'd do without my pup.





And of course, they're also a lot of work sometimes, but it's so rewarding.
nah dogs are like there owners , if you want to change they will change with you ,

but even worse , they can be like real big babies ,
Hi,



Falling in love with a dog is easy. Sharing your home with a canine friend can bring you much joy. There's no doubt that dogs can give unconditional acceptance and loyalty, provide constant companionship, and even help relieve stress after a hard or busy day. However, making the decision to get a dog shouldn't be taken lightly. Owning a dog takes a lot of time, money, and commitment - over 15 years worth, in many instances. Here's more info:



http://buceedu.notlong.com

No comments:

Post a Comment