Saturday, November 20, 2010

Consider how difficult it is to change yourself?

And you will understand what little chance you have trying to change others.







What do you say?Consider how difficult it is to change yourself?
Yes it is a lot of difficult to change oneself so why we think the world to be changed. It is better how it isConsider how difficult it is to change yourself?
its not tht very difficult. all uneed is a motivation..
at least I tried my best. they? no way
If you care about the person you won't want them to change.
i do not agree. it very difficult to change oneself but with a loving friend it is quite easy. many have left smoking with help from friends / hubbys
I think it is easier to change with the help of others than it is to change yourself. Trying to change others is completely futile though bc/ typically you are trying to ';fix'; something about them that you want and they may not necesarily feel compelled to change that.
other than the fact that some people are easier to convince and manipulate than others, and some people sometimes want to change to fit in, you are right.



great insight and great words.

totally get your point.
';One can't change the world, So, one must change oneself.'; Changing yourself is not difficult if you have the zeal for it.
I don't believe in changing other people I just take them for who they are.
People only change if they want to change. The only question is whether or not to accept them for who they are. It's a question of tolerance really.
Very Hard. I have read over several self help books. They don't give any info I didn't already know. What I need to do is Break the Mold that is me so I can begin to look at life differently, I just can't seem to break the mold. The Mold is who I am and I don't know the person I would like to be.

So unless the person wants to change and recognizes why it is a good change, it won't happen. But I do wish someone would help me change, it could take years.
That's a good thought. It is difficult to change yourself, isn't it? Although, I think it's easier to change someone else, than it is to change yourself. Manipulative, controlling, and domineering people can change other people quite easily. Just look at some of the dictators and how they were able to change people's mind and thoughts quite effortlessly.
Where there is a will there is a way...We change so often without realizing it. Why would you try to change others? I would rather expand all of my energies into more meaningful things. Besides how do you know if that person really change?????
It is hard to change yourself, and even harder to change someone else. I would not want to change anyone, If I helped affect change in some one else, great, bounus but it is the indivudual themselves that makes the final thought to change.



I know all too well about trying to change myself. I am in my 30's and had cancer and I am in remission. Everyday is a struggle to change myself from what I was and wanted to be to what i am now and what I can be after cancer. ( I had a full hystorectomy, so I cannot have kids and Lymphedema in my legs and cannot ever get a cut on my lower body or get a tattoo)



Everyday is uphill but I do my best, there is nothing else for me to do but my own best effort.
I have cultivated the ability of transformation within myself...which has allowed me to be adaptable forgiving and strong with humility.



I have changed the lives of my friends and family....just because I care about them...and treat them with love.



it doesn't always happen....but maybe even once, when we don't realize it....is worth not giving up on the idea altogether.



love is the key the answer and the inspiration....be gentle, be open to light and growth...it will manifest...and IT IS CONTAGIOUS!





I need to add that my definition of change is this:



a shift to health, a moving from stress and tension, insecurity and fear...into wholeness, stability, love and acceptance.



I wouldn't dream of changing someone into something I presumed was what they should be...rather being there to support ,listen, and forgive.
I don't believe it's difficult.I believe it takes consistancy, motivation and encouragement.
well for myself I went through all the misery of being wrong doing what I felt was most important that I lost the ones I loved and then to be hateful only hurts ius more in the end so for me too change I said lord I need help with this and I saw others doing the same thing I was and I saw how hurtful and stupid the things they were doing or saying maybe to the one they call there self in love with the most so a person CAN change and I had to to keep from being like my own flesh and blood folks.
If you are well set in your ways then it will be very hard to change yourself. And if its that hard to change yourself , then what makes you think that you can change someone else?
Damn this bad habits.

Damn this genes.

What can this small voice of the wilderness do but to stay on alert all the time.
It is very difficult to change oneself. But a lovable friend can easily change us.
Yes, it is impossible.

*******

I clung to the branch,

that I thought was myself.

The pain became so much,

I had to let go.

Falling,

falling,

I found myself home.

*sip*
I say this way:

';It is difficult to change your / other self, but it is easy to change 'own self' if one bears will power to study own self. And then it would not be difficult to change your / other self, because once an self has known the own self, others would flow in on there own to contact that self to get changed';.
i know what you mean.



in an analogy like this, its so much easier drill a tunnel into a mountain, to suck out all the water out of a pond and transfer it to another man made pond, to launch a rocket to the moon than to change a human being. even by the time the tunnel is completed, another man made pond is done and the astronaut has come back to make its country fellowmen proud, the person might not have changed a bit, at all.



so yes, unless we acknowledge change and initiate it ourselves; it is extremely difficult to change. whats more trying to change another.
it depends upon the potential to adopt to a new level. it is heighly possible that inspite of having the knowledge you can not realise your self , but if the same knowledge or guidence is given to someone by you , he may get the enlightenment because , he had high potential to change , just there was a need to get the spark .and that spark was your knowledge or motivation . Only knowledge is not sufficient to realise the God, you need Yoga



Guru gur hi reh gaya, chela chini ho gaya



the same fire can ignite a draw wood , but can not to a wet wood ,



Hare Krishna ,Hare Krishna , Krsihna Krishna ,Hare Hare ,Hare Rama , Hare Rama , Rama Rama , Hare Hare
True
Why would i want to change others ?
I say I don't need to change myself but to be myself more skillfully!



If I feel the need to change myself, then I will indeed feel the need to change others!



If I fully own all of me, then I can see the perfection in all of the universe!
Sir,

Yes it was very very difficult.



But I never try to change others.



If the minds tunes up then we share the thoughts and it is upto the person to change or not.
I agree with you.
I have learnt over the years that the only person you have any hope of changing is yourself. Ive also learnt that the only person who can do that is yourself.
In terms of our physical relationship with the world it is

impractical to think that we can change what sustenance

we require within the world, rather we should attempt to

change how we obtain that sustenance for a more

efficient process. We are human, we can't change

the needs we have as humans, but we can change

how we accomplish the satisfaction of those needs.

It is more practical to apply physical laws to change

the utilization of the environment than to attempt

to change the laws of human nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment