Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Self Perspective: How do you change yourself, whether better or worse, after living that way for 24 years?

I have never had a good time with personal relationships; whether with boyfriends, family, or friends. I am not a trusting person by nature since I have never had reason to trust people. My family and I aren't on the best of terms since they treat me as if I am less then a person. Example: They have tricked me several times so that they could get their way. They have used blackmail, many forms of deceit and have always lied to me. Boyfriends are scary to me since they require lots of trust and have always been co-dependant on me. While I have never had one cheat on me, I still cannot trust them easily. Friends are hard to keep since I don't feel that they are actually my friends and I am sometimes hard to get along with. I wish to change myself so that I can trust more and not be so uneasy to live with.Self Perspective: How do you change yourself, whether better or worse, after living that way for 24 years?
There are many self help books out there to get you on your path of self discovery. I am from a very dysfunctional family myself and my siblings have treated me in a less than civilized manner many times. I got to the point where I have had enough and broke off contact with the majority of my family. If you feel you cannot do that, then work on establishing boundaries with them while you work on yourself. The first book I would recommend is ';Codependent No More'; by Melody Beattie (she has a series of self help books for codependency...this one is a great place to start). You will definitely understand the family dynamics a lot better! There is a lot of ';deprogramming'; you need to do, but if you really want this, you can do it!! I understand about the trust issue...I'm getting better about this myself.



If you would like more help, I'm only an e-mail away!! *you can trust me* ;-) %26lt;a little codependent humor%26gt;Self Perspective: How do you change yourself, whether better or worse, after living that way for 24 years?
The best way to change habits you don't like is to get to the root of why you continue to do them. Probably the best and easiest way to change would be for you to get into counseling and start working on addressing your issues and working toward changing them with the help of someone who can help you understand yourself.
you know it than its you you dont trust you have a serious problem and you want find help here

No comments:

Post a Comment