Monday, November 22, 2010

How do you change yourself?

I am sick of who i am currently. I do not want to talk to anyone lately because right now I feel like a mess. I do not feel like hearing people's commentary on why I am acting the way I am. I am pretty weak person, I have this tendency to tell people everything they want to know from me. Is there a way I can change myself?

Here's my goal

-3.5 or higher grades

-attend more school events

-spend more time with myself

-stop being such a blabbermouth



I hate how desperate I am for attention or my friends. My friends have lives outside of me but I do not have a life outside them. They go out places with other friends, spend time by themselves, etc.



I am that friend that is always too available and all I do is whine.How do you change yourself?
It sounds like you have already realized that you would like to change and that is half of it right there.



What about scheduling specific times during the week to work on studying, review, homework etc. Then stick to it...no interruptions like going online for fun or chatting w friends until the work is done.



How about starting small, like joining a new sport/club/activity on your own, something that you've always been interested to try but that your current group of friends isn't necessarily interested in. It could even be something outside of school, like art/music/photography lessons, a part time job or volunteer opportunity, etc. That will give you a little time to yourself, you are exploring new interests and making new friends that are outside your original group. That will also give you options of new ways to spend your time and maybe even new people to spend time with. You'll become less available because you'll be busy with your own interests, and having interests is what makes people more interesting =)How do you change yourself?
Set little goals for yourself that lead up to the bigger goal.
if your a christian pray.if not straighten up that walk,get out of your comfort zone and do what needs to be done, no ones gonna do it for you.
Take up a unique hobby like playing an instrument . Spend more time alone, once you do that you'll discover that you dont really need freinds at all. If you become too trusting of these people because you are too busy always trying to be their freind it could come back to bite you. You might tell them something that is too personal, and they might tell other people. So for now, just chill out and stop caring about them soo much. Just stop caring!
I too have been in a situation just like yours. Until recently, I thought I was stuck and was going no where in life.





The only advice I can give you is to just get up one day, look in the mirror, take a deep breath and do what you want to do.





3.5 or higher grades

- It may seem selfish, but your future comes first, blow off your friends every once in awhile to study if you have to





Attend more school events

- Just go, it's not that hard. If anxiety is getting to you, take a deep breath and keep psyching yourself up before you arrive





Spend more time with yourself

- This is where you and I are different. I have too much time to spend with myself as I have no friends. You on the otherhand have the choice to just stay at home and enjoy the roses kiddo





Stop speaking

- Whenever you think you should inject yourself into the conversation, don't. It'll become more natural for you to just shut up the more you do it.
Find new friends of a different stature of the friends you have. You need to be with people whose going to speak their minds and tell you about yourself. Evidently these people that you know are not your friends because they are using you to their advantage from your bad babble mouth habbit. It also sounds like you're trying to act like someone you're not for the attention, just be yourself. Next time someone comes to you for some mess and didn't have the decency to spend time with you over the weekend tell them to keep steppin because you're a new person now.

No comments:

Post a Comment