Saturday, November 20, 2010

When to change yourself?

I've heard that you shouldn't change yourself for anyone. But what if your personality isn't tolerable or you're just annoying (and it isn't obvious to you)? How do you know when and when not to change yourself?When to change yourself?
The way I see it, at the end of the day you're ultimately responsible for your actions, thoughts, and words. That being said you shouldn't change for someone else. But I think it's good to allow people close to you whose opinions you value affect your actions, thoughts, and words, to at least some degree.



Since you asked this question, I'm guessing that someone seems to wish that you would change in some way. If this person is the only person annoyed by whatever characteristic/habit or whatever it is then I would really just not even give it a second thought. However, if you have had multiple people telling you this quality is annoying then I would think it over.



So to answer your question...change yourself in whatever way you wish if that is what you truly want. Change can be a good thing. But remember you are your own person.When to change yourself?
I think you have to really step back and take a look at yourself. Say you're kind of annoying. Step back, and think about what people might find annoying about you. Then, decide if YOU feel that you NEED to change that, or if it's who you are and you like it . You should only change yourself for YOU, but that also means you have to really take a look at yourself and understand what people want you to change.



Like, if someone tells me that they think I should learn to say no to people. I have to step back and think about why they think that, why I say yes to people (whether it's because I want to or because I feel like I have to), and decide if I feel like that's a problem I should change.
if you have to ask, you have to change

No comments:

Post a Comment