Monday, November 22, 2010

Do you have any advice on trying to change yourself or how you live life?

I've been feeling really depressed this year and I want to try to get rid of this feeling.





I'm sick of feeling sorry for myself and not doing anything about it. I want to think more positively and change the way I think.








If this helps any I'll tell you why I feel so down.


- I blame almost everything on me


- I regret a lot of things I do


- I hide my feelings so no one knows how I feel


- I never get along with my family


- I normally excel at whatever I do but my parents never sawy anything. I try to do well so my parents will finally be proud of me.


- I feel lonely and I'm left out more then any of my other friends.


- I'm totally in love with this guy and I highly doubt he has any feelings towards me.


- I'm never happy with myself, I always feel like I could do better.








That covers most of it. Any advice would be nice. I'm very determined to do change myself but I don't know where to start.





Sorry if I misspelled anything.Do you have any advice on trying to change yourself or how you live life?
There's your problem. Thoughts are things. If you think of only negative things, negative things will come to you. Keep thinking about positive things and positive things will come to you. I assume you are still young and this ';depression'; is probably just a phase. Some positive things to consider are:





You have a roof over your head.





You are not paying for a child or other human being and are not thinking about ways to provide for yourself.





You love in America and are free to think, speak, listen to anything you want.





Also lighten up on yourself. Its nice to know you try to do better but don't let mistakes get you down. You're only human. Love your family as you love yourself. Most parents try their hardest to do what's good for their kids. Finally use criticism not as something to be doscouraged by, but use it to drive yourself to do better next time.Do you have any advice on trying to change yourself or how you live life?
emo much?


just don't kill youreself
I think this is a perfect section to go to. My advice is to spend sometime to yourself. Just breathe and exhale. Then start talking to new people. I have been feeling the same way so I know how you feel. And I'm in love with a guy I'm sure doesn't have feelings like that towards me. But you can't let that ruin your life. You just got to stand up and say ';I'll make this work!'; and your life with just start rolling again. Good luck =)
Write down any anger you have towards anyone, Sing, and take yoga. Also every-day,when waking up try you hardest to be happy, and tell people around about this feeling, you may not think so, but they can cheer up and change your mood. Hope this helps!=) Feel better.
You sound like a nice person. How about giving these things a try. You don't really sound depressed, you sound needy to me.


1) Join a club


2) Get active in your church


3) Get a new hairstyle


4) Start exercising


5) Start eating healthier


6) Volunteer at a charity


7) Ask a neighbor you know if they need some help


8) Clean your room and clean out your closet


9) Ask your parents if there is anything they need help with


10) Smile and be nice.


You sound way too wrapped up in yourself. You do too much thinking. Just have fun and do the above. You will see your life improve about 99%.
You've got a low self worth. You think that because you're not providing something to someone, you are not worthy of love and happiness and all that is awesome.





Basically, you have to remind yourself that you ARE deserving of happiness, no matter what happens. (everybody is!) Even if you f*ck up, you still deserve love and the opportunity to grow from mistakes. If you feel guilt, stop it in its tracks. Choose to feel happy instead of depressed, because you have that power over yourself.





I find what helps me is writing down all of the things that I like about myself. Not what others may perceive about me that's likeable, but what I truly love in myself.





Exercising a little bit every day will help you feel better too. It boosts endorphins (happy chemicals) and makes you feel good because you're treating your body the way it deserves.
JUST STOP IT! all of those thins uve listed below u recogize as faults that u have . so u recognized them.. now fix them ! u no whats wrong so fix it. just stop its that simple
You sound like me but without the family thing.


First of all know that blaming yourself only leads to guilt and shame and those are the two hardest emotions to deal with.


To stop blaming your Tell yourself you should of known better and learn from it. Dont hold onto it otherwise you are going to drive yourself crazy and could get very sick. You dont want to wind up in the hospital for depression. That can really bring you down a lot. Focus on the future not in the past.


You need to stop hiding your feelings because they are going to eat you up. Tell people how you feel especially your parents. Let them know how you feel. I am sure that your parents are proud of you but maybe they don't show it like you would like them to. If your sensitive like I am you sit and dwell and read into things. Try to let them go. Write everything down about how you feel and put into something that can be locked. Take them out of you and get rid of them.


Being in love with guy... how do you know he doesnt have any feelings towards you. Can you explain this a little more???


If you always live day to day thinking you could do better you will never go foward.. Stop living in the past and look foward to your future.


Tell yourself you are a good person because it seems as though you dont think that at all.


Ill tell you I do everything by myself all the time and there are many times that I feel lonely but you know what sometimes having too many friends is not that great because sometimes that are not truly your friends.
Pay close attention at how you speak and answer things. Determine whether it is positive or negative. Go for the positive. If you wear dark clothes, change to lighter, pastel colors, cheerful colors like spring. Leave little notes to yourself in your room saying you are good looking. Make it a habbit to go to sleep early and wake up a little earlier to exercise. This helps big time. It will give you more energy and keep you going. Find an activity you truly love and master it always saying to yourself YOU CAN DO IT. Make yourself look good, like dress nicely, shower daily to smell good. This will help your self esteem. Do these things non-stop. It has been proven that when a person does something or does not do something 21 times consecutively, that person will have created a new habit. It is your choice whether it be a positive or negative habit. Also, you might want to seek some counseling. Maybe something is troubleing you. There's nothing wrong with that. Talk to your parents and see if you have health insurance, you might have counseling available.
Just go hang out with some friends. Or you could play video games or play sports. The point is to socialize with people.
Talk to your school counselor at once. You may need medicine. Also talk to your parents. Just tell them that you are wondering why they never compliment you, or even seem to notice when you excel at things. Tell them you need their moral support. They may just be people who find it difficult to put things into words, or harder yet, their feelings. But, do get help, you need it honey, do not try to go it alone. You will be fine, but it will take work. I will pray for you tonight.
So, there are some thing that I would like to begin with and this are the good things: you said that you excel at whatever you do. That it's great. Even if it sounds mean I say that if your parents don't aknoledge you that's bad for them, you just keep doing this, do your best, that's one of the only things that will help you get through this. Just think that if you excel at svhool you will go to collage and get out of your house. That's the thing that should give you strenght right now. Do it for yourself not for your family. And I've told you before, it may be a posibility that they have some problems and take it out on you...maby they are proud but don't they don't want to admit it. Anyways keed exceling.


As for the other things you are really wrong and I'll tell you why I think this. You blame almost everything on you because of your parents, because they blame everything uon you, stop doing that, it's not your fault. It's not your fault because your sister breaks or steals your things or your parents yell at you all the time. You should stop regreting all the things that you do because most of them don't have to be regreted. You did something good, for example you took a B instead an A at school, that doesn't mean that you should blame you. I'm sure that are things that are things that you don't do every time perfect, I do this too, but that doesn't mean that you should blame yourself, it happend.


As for your feelings, you really should find someone to talk, a very good friend, whom you confide in. This will help you get throug this more easely. Your friend will give you some advice and will try to chear you up, and maby will succed. Try to find some friends to talk to, BUT only if you really trust them tell them what is wrong. You fell lonely because of your family of course, but there's another reason...because you haven't talked about your problems with anyone, after you will talk to somebody you will feel better. You don't know what surprise you can have, a good one I mean, maby your friends will understend you better than you expected.


If you like this guy you can try to talk to him. I mean, why do you like him, have you ever talked to him? That's why I'm telling you that you should try to have a conversation with him, maby he likes you and doesn't have the courage to tell you. I'm not saying to go to him and confess, I'm just saying to try and have a conversation with him. If you've never talked to him you can find out what he likes, how he is and if you've talk to him before it will be a lot easier to have a conversation.


At your last problem I would say DON'T. Stop feeling like this. I've told you before it's not your fault. Just try to put in balance the things that matter. First of all you matter the most. You have to focus on your studies, on your friends and on your hobbies. You don't have to be do negativistic.


All this problems are there because of your family, because they are treating you like this, because they don't aknoledge you and if that doesn't happen you think that if you would do better they will aknoledge you. Stop thinking like this, you have to say to yourself, I did good even if they didn't say that to me. You have to be proud of you, of all the thing that you do good.


So for you to be more happy or to think more posetively I think that you should go out more with your friends, you should stop blameing yourself for everything that goes wrong, you should start to be proud of you, of your accomplishments and if it's possible to talk about your problems with your friends (only if you trust them enough) and even with your parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment