Monday, November 22, 2010

How do you change yourself?

I've always had this ';take-advantage-of-my-kindness'; look.

i'm always the nicest person around, so people tend to boss me.

i want to change, yet i don't know how..How do you change yourself?
Funny, i've always had this ';He's going to screw you over as soon as your back is turned'; look, judging from the way people treat me.How do you change yourself?
Welcome to the world I was in! The first step is to understand the person you are! I mean you need to dissect your personality. Take as many personality profiles as you can, take IQ tests over and over, take study habits tests to find your tendencies. There are many on line! I've got a few bookmarked if you want them. Next, find the strengths and use them! Lastly you need to (this is so lame sounding but true) ';LOVE'; yourself! Let me explain. I was teaching self defense to a bunch of little old ladies at a country club. When I asked them, if I told them I was going to attack them, how would they react, all said they would freak out and run. When I asked them that I had just face slapped their grand daughter and was about to do it again, how would they react. I got almost a unanimous ';I'd Kick your azz';!



What changed? Same old ladies, same 6 foot 4 inch 220 pound guy. The difference was the attitude of love. They needed to get to the ';How Dare You'; attitude toward themselves. After that, the class was a breeze! In fact I still have some bruising!



You need to get the ';How Dare You'; mindset! Never let anyone take advantage of you. Just the expression on your face can change how people interact with you. The change from nice girl to ';What did you just say to me'; can turn people from aggressive to submissive in seconds! Give it a try!
hey, there is absolutley nothing wrong with the way you face situations! in fact i would like to have more people like u at my school, but i see what you mean by the bossing around. be nice but set lines, and dont let people cross them. here is an example, if you need to lend someone a pen, go ahead and lend it but make sure you tell them you want it back after that class, or something, thats just a example, you may be older than a high school student. dont let people walk on you, but dont make them hate you! u must find that in between where they RESPET you and ur kindness. but pleas,e dont change!

No comments:

Post a Comment