Monday, November 22, 2010

How do you change the world?

Only by changing yourself. You cannot change anyone. You cannot change someone's mind. You can present information but ultimately it is up to that OTHER person to change.



Why do I say this? As christians we are commanded to go spread the message and make disciples. We were not commanded to change people. We are commanded to change OURSELVES.



However, this principles applies to all people. Change the world, change yourself.



What do you think?How do you change the world?
Educate the world around you with the knowledge you gained but don't force or bribe them to accept it. If it is true the world will come to know one day and it'll changeHow do you change the world?
Thanks buddy

Report Abuse


i pay taxes.
How do you change the world? Change yourself....I agree
I'm ignoring you.
I will write a book and make it a best selling book. And go into politic and do revolution.
i think thats true. in order to change the world, every person in the world has to be willing to change so the world can be a better place. the world would be completly changed if everyone would be able to change themselves.
In the Bible we see that only the Holy Spirit has the power to change people. He convinces the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment. He enlightens our minds and guides us into truth.



Our job is just to get the word out. The rest is up to Him.
I think you could make the world better by keeping your opinions to yourself.



You only isolate others with your preaching, which doesn't help mankind.



The only thing you have to do is be nice to another person, without judgment.
I agree with your statement, but you don't have to use ';religion'; to validate it.
Ever heard that song ';I don't want to set the world on fire---I just want to light a fire in your heart.';? If you want to change the world for the better, find somebody to love.
I think your delusional and not living in reality.



The world changes itself through a unstoppable sequence of events that once set into motion carry themselves out.



It's called entropy. Random decay and chance.
That was not a question, that was preaching.



I agree that for most situations where you are unhappy with the way the world works, it's better to adjust yourself rather than try to change everyone else. However, one can subscribe to that philosophy without invoking any mythologies, superstitions, or ancient legends.
the hand that rocks the cradle rules the world





I am raising my children to be intellect and faithful to Jesus, by being a good example of faith and love to Jesus and others
Change the world change yourself.....i like that.



Because the devil is a liar.....people will unfortunately continue to fall victim to his lies and deceptions.



That's why I think things will always be this way...until the coming of Christ of course.



God Bless you brother.
I agree. We can all change but we cant make others agree with us. but i think it says in the bible that when you hang out with someone you can rub off on them so maybe we can rub off on our friends! lol

Good Luck!

~love love love~
don't change the world. that could be a good change or a bad change, you never know.



instead, make a difference. wheather that be in just one person or in a huge way to many people.



but start with yourself.
I beg to differ , you can change the world by giving knowlede to someone who is lacking therefore you have changed them they in turn will make more educated decisions that could make a difference in their life and in their community

you can change someones mind by presenting facts depending on the situation. ultimately it is their choice but we all have choices

change starts within all of us christian or not I prefer to leave religion out of it all together

nothing has stifeled change more than religion.
I totally disagree and feel your view is overly self-centered. The Renewed Mind of a Christian can not ignore ';fighting the good fight';.



I look at ';some'; of the New Age Yoga types and all they do is work on themselves - it is so completely narcissistic and vain.



Whether one is a Christian or not, one changes the world by respecting those around them. This respect allows others to strive for greatness: changing this world to a better place.



If the Bible serves; we are given Teachers and Shepard's and Leaders, even Apostles and Evangelists -- all five are lifting up others and are not directed back on themselves.



Yes, the first step is your step - but no one has to walk alone.
Oh boy, this one I could really go crazy with but I'll try to stick to your actual question so I don't get into every little thing I believe about things or not because it'd take a day to read and a month to understand. :D

I am glad that you see that you weren't commanded to actual change people just to spread the message and give them their choice.

I believe changing yourself changes you not the world. However, I do believe that extraordinary people touch peoples lives. I also believe that some people really are connected by heartstrings.

(Not literally, don't get confused,I'm not insane :P)



I believe the way to change the world is to try.



Once again, the person before has inspired to me to write more. It is not vain. Truly, you can not change anyone but yourself. You could beat someone half to death, but it won't change his/her mind. Let alone the fact that it would be ridiculously cruel to try and force someone to believe as you do like that.
A little at a time.
think globally, act locally, boycott Walmart, conserve energy, recycle, plant trees.



It's a start.



Becoming a better person, by whatever means or inspiration or religious influence, actually does very little to change the world everyone else lives in.
great question and comment- I agree with you wholeheartedly. We are responsible for sharing Christ, but not responsible for making people come to Him- that is the Holy Spirit's job.

How do you change the world, was asked in the movie ';Evan, Almighty'; the answer- ';by doing random acts of kindness';. Maybe if we were to look at ourselves more, to see what needed changing and loved those around us more, maybe then people would come to know the love of Christ, that we talk about. Great point- thanks for bringing it up
I think we can change the world but it takes a lot of us working together. I saw that during Viet Nam. We stood up and said we weren't going to take it any more and it was FINALLY ended.



I want to accept all faiths and peoples on this planet, I truly do. If I could change one major thing it would be to eliminate all those ';holy books'; for the hate filled fiction they are.



I see the bible used as justification to spread hate every single day. I see terrorist murdering in the name of their quaran.



';Change the world, change yourself.';



It has to start with me but I am not capable of love either.
We have to try to change others, If it is not possible let us accept the condition %26amp; be an observer.

No comments:

Post a Comment