Monday, November 22, 2010

How do you change yourself?

So you can like yourself more?



I dislike my personality right now. I really want to change but it seems so hard. Every time I decide to change and try to, I find myself nervous and end up being my old self again.



My personality:

1. I can't socialize. Honestly, if you were walking with me or sitting with me, I'll just be quiet. I have no idea what to say. That's all I can think about in my head: What should I say?

2. I'm too self-conscious. Because I have acne, braces and reading glasses, I'm self-conscious about the way I look.

3. I'm not comfortable with myself or around people.

4. I'm too quiet. Up to the point where if you didn't look at me or if I didn't say anything, or if no one said my name, you probably wouldn't even know I was there.

5. I'm scared of embarrassing myself. I can't do anything. I'm being honest. I suck at sports, I can't dance since I'm too stiff, I can't sing because I don't think I have a good voice. I sound horrible especially when I try to sing loud.

6. I don't know how to make people smile, be comfortable around me, wanna talk to me, like me. I'm not funny at all.

7. I complain too much.

8. I don't have any fashion sense.



Basically, I have way too much flaws. And this gets in the way of my life. I want to know how do people overcome these flaws and change so you can like yourself more?



This is how I want people to see me: The girl who you can talk to when you're unhappy or just wanna chat, trust with secrets, be comfortable around, the one that knows what to say and isn't scared to embarrass herself.

I want people to look beyond my appearance (since I'm not pretty at all) and not judge me by my looks. I don't want people to just notice my acne or my braces when they first see me.



I have no idea how. I can't seem to get myself out of my comfort zone and be comfortable with everyone. I can't seem to bring myself to socialize with anyone because I have no idea what to talk about.



So, how can I overcome these flaws? How did you overcome it? Please be specific and give me guide lines/ideas. This is really important. Also, how do you start a conversation with someone and keep it going? I have a lot of trouble with socializing like I said.How do you change yourself?
Well, hello there. You know, don't feel too bad, I'm kinda like that as well and yea, it sucks. What you need to do Is try to find a group of people you feel you'll be comfortable around. You haven't said your age so I can't tell if you are at school or not. If you are, try to look around you and join a group that you feel will accept you for who you are no matter the acne no matter the braces. There has to be at least somebody. If not, then go outside school and find other hobbies you can do. Singing and dancing are not the only activities a human being can do, don't feel bad for that! Nobody's perfect. There HAS to be something you feel you are good at, when you find out what that Is, then go for it and do it, do the things you love and meet people who share your passions and interests. I absolutely understand how you feel, I also feel nearvous and quite weak when I'm around people, it's just the way we are, it's our personalities. But wait, you see you are suffering...so to try to stop this,, then try to stop thinking too much. Life is short, don't waste your time on thinking,, DISTRACT yourself, do WHATEVER you love cause that's what everyone deserves. If you dont find you have people you can relate to, then go outside home and join classes or clubs of people in or outside school. Never forget that everything WILL get better if YOU want it to get better, nobody's gonna change for you. Honey, stay strong and live your life as happier as you can. Ask for help if necessary, contact me or see a doctor or psychologist (those people are there to help you), STOP THINKING AND JUST BE YOURSELF! Never give up!! be strong and good luck! :) good things come for those who wait ;)



P.S.: Don't let the fears get over you!! remember fears are just an illusion of something that won't happen, and they are there just to make you suffer and feel sad. So keeping that in mind, don't let them get over you!! Be strong and face them!

No comments:

Post a Comment