Saturday, November 20, 2010

If you don't like grown ups how would you change yourself to be a better grown up?

All the things my parents did to me that caused me grief, I determined not to do to my children. For instance I have forced myself to always listen to my kids' point of view, rather than ';shooting from the hip'; and assuming their guilt.

All the things my parents did that made me a better person, I determined to pass on to my kids. It wasn't all bad, and the ';grown-ups'; have something even the brightest kid lacks - life experience.

The result is my son and daughter sometimes disagree with me, especially on house rules, but we respect each other's opinions. David thinks he is mature enough to drink hard liquor, at 14 years old, I don't agree.If you don't like grown ups how would you change yourself to be a better grown up?
I will continue being a better grown up by modeling proper behavior to others. For example, I will treat others with ultimate respect and expect others to treat me with ultimate respect. I will pick the people I hang around with and associate with who have similar interests that I have. I stay away from people who don't share the goodness in their hearts and don't take their actions personally, because I know that I can't change those grown ups who are not better grown ups.If you don't like grown ups how would you change yourself to be a better grown up?
by example, life is good teacher, if you don't want to grow life will force you to grow.

follow the bible principles. :)
By stop gossiping and giving my mouth too much liberty.
Well, I am a grown up. I was the typical teenager and I got into my share of trouble, as everyone does. I have raised three kids, my youngest just turned 19 yesterday. She turned out just fine, as all of my children. I found out, that my life as a young person, helped me in raising my own kids. I wouldn't change anything about the way I taught my kids, and they turned out ok. There are no rules on how to be a good grown up. Ya just have to play it by ear. I hope this answer is what you were looking for. Peace, my freind.



The Ryder
well.....what i don't like about grown ups is that they do not treat you for the age you are and that you are forever a kid to them.So,i'd give appropriate amounts of freedom to people according to their age and not treat them like kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment